The voter is away from home (i.e., military voter stationed overseas; voter who works away from home) and will not be home within 60 days. What should be done with the notice?

If you are the spouse or parent of the voter, you may choose to do any of the following:

Put the notice in an envelope, affix postage, and mail it to the voter.

Save the confirmation notice until the voter returns home. The voter’s registration will become inactive if the notice is not returned within 60 days; however, if the card is returned after the 60-day deadline but before cancellation in 2014, the voter’s registration will be reactivated.

Throw the card away. The voter will become inactive but will be reactivated if he or she votes in any election up to and including the 2014 General Election.