The addressee is now in a nursing home. Should the card be returned?

If the voter wants to remain registered, the voter’s spouse or child should take the confirmation card to the nursing home, have the voter sign it, and then mail it. If the voter does not want to remain registered, the card should be thrown away. The voter’s registration will be canceled following the 2014 General Election. (The voter may submit a notarized cancellation request in order to be canceled sooner.) There is no provision in state law to allow a voter’s next-of-kin to cancel voter registration if the voter is still living.